CONFERENCE
We took a family trip again to Utah this time in October for General Conference (it will likely be an annual pilgrimage for us as it coincides with the LDS Chaplain Conference).
 |
| Look who I saw on Temple Square between Saturday morning and afternoon sessions-- Elaine S. Dalton, General Young Women President! Doesn't she look great? She was taller than I thought she'd be and she was so interested in those Young Women. Great example. |
 |
| Very personable. |
 |
| I love those imposing spires. |
 |
| Assembly Hall spires. |
 |
| The gardens are so beautiful around Temple Square...and I love roses so couldn't resist. |
 |
| I don't know what this is called but it's this antique-looking bell between the Tabernacle and Assembly Hall. |
 |
| Side of the Tabernacle with the Salt Lake temple spires behind. |
 |
| Ammon and I in the Conference Center after a session. |
 |
| I think it's cool how the lights changed behind us from filming in the dark (above), to a blue background to a pink (below) all within a couple minutes taking these pics. |
 |
| The General Authorities on the stand. |
 |
| My father-in-law always says the Conference Center looks like the Galactic Senate (from Star Wars). I don't disagree. |
 |
| In the lobby of the Conference Center. |
 |
| Cool multi-story sculpture in the lobby. |
 |
| The skylight that sculpture is attached to letting in lots of natural light. |
 |
| On Temple Square after a session. |
 |
| Love God. Love Country. |
 |
| We took a tour of the Conference Center. This was the rooftop view where you can see the State Capitol in the distance. (I miss my hair...) |
 |
| Cool family history etching on the roof. |
 |
| Our tour guide was good...but not a very good photographer. He was supposed to get all of the temple. Oh well. At least he got all of us! |
 |
| The painting behind me in the Conference Center is one we also gave to Ammon's family a few years back. We didn't know the original was here. We chose it because we loved how the people are helping each other up. That's the point of a family, to help one another during this life. |
 |
| Yes, that is President Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles! Ammon and I were on the front row to hear him speak the last day of LDS Chaplain Conference. It was amazing. |
 |
| The kids excited to see daddy and mommy return after being away at conferences. |
LARSEN GATHERING
 |
| Connor looking very Pan-like wearing daddy's Air Force blues cap. |
 |
| Millie pulling a toy phone of yesteryear. I remember having one exactly like that when I was a girl. |
 |
| Grandma holding cousin Brayden next to Amelia. Don't they look like they could be siblings? Big blue eyes both. |
 |
| Larsens and Weintzs assembled on the stairs Grandpa Merlin Larsen built. (from the top, l to r: Aunt Lori Weintz, Gwendolyn Larsen, Grandma Birdie Larsen, Connor; 2nd row: Ammon, Alex and Tamara Larsen, Charlotte, Hunter & Randy Weintz; 3rd row: Amy Larsen; 4th row: Sarah, Brayden, Jimmy, Amelia & Melanie Larsen and Marnie Weintz.) |
 |
| Family playing a "speed" pool game. |
HALLOWEEN
 |
| Doesn't she look like a zombie baby? I left the red eyes on purpose to get the effect ;) For "Larsen Ladies Night Out" (while the guys were at Priesthood Session), we went to Gardener Village. This little shopping area goes all out decorating for Halloween. They have these great witch mannequins everywhere and have a fun Witch Scavenger Hunt that's great for the kids. |
|
 |
| Left the red eyes here too...only for Halloween. |
 |
| Sarah found her match. |
 |
| Connor found a musical witch playing the piano. |
 |
| Cozy with sweet Aunt Amy. Amelia's such a great cuddler. |
 |
| Lovely sister-in-law Tamara with her sons Brayden and Asher. |
 |
| Sarah and Mils with a bubblegum fairy (I think that's what she called herself). |
 |
| Crazy expression on Connor's face. |
 |
| Finished the Witch Scavenger Hunt. Thumbs up dude. |
 |
| Back at home, this is my mom visiting getting Amelia ready for Trick or Treating. Amelia is cute checking herself out in the mirror. |
 |
| She is "the Bride of Frankenstein". |
 |
| Can you guess our family theme?...Connor is Frankenstein, Amelia the Bride and Ammon is Igor. |
 |
| I was supposed to be Dr. Frankenstein but I wasn't feeling up to going out so my mom filled in wearing her lab coat. |
FUN IN THE YARD
 |
| Sweetie loves her quad. |
 |
| Little blondie by her beloved quad. |
 |
| Here, have some rocks! |
 |
| Funny sign Connor made to "warn" people not to cross in front of Amelia's swing when she's swinging. |
 |
| Swinging with the boy. |
 |
| Swinging all together. |
 |
| Swinging with the girl. |
 |
| Swinging with cousin Aiden. |
RACE
 |
| Stake BBQ 5K race Ammon ran in having won 3 of the last 4 years. (He's to the left of the organizer lady in the middle with the blue hat and white shirt.) |
 |
| On the home stretch. |
 |
| Sprint for the finish. |
 |
| Talking to the young high school student who beat him by a few seconds. But that's pretty good...Ammon's twice this kid's age! |
|
MEET THE AUTHOR
 |
| I enjoy reading and being a part of a book club so for our November meeting, we were able to get the author of "These is my Words", Nancy E. Turner, to come speak to us!! She spoke extensively about the history of her family that led to the idea for this historical fiction series, the book writing process and how she was published. She was a very fascinating person to hear. I took a picture here of my copy of the book on top of the time-period accurate quilt she made that was subsequently used as the cover art for her third book in the trilogy, The Star Garden. |
 |
| Here she is, Nancy E. Turner, signing my copy of "These is my Words". Now I doubly cherish this beloved novel not only because it's signed by the author but because it was given to me for my birthday (when I was on hospital bedrest for Amelia and Abigail) by Janis Golding who passed away only 2 months later. |
No comments:
Post a Comment